Manchester convenience store owner faces charges of alleged sexual assault of 14-year-old – Hartford Courant


According to the arrest warrant certificate.

Muhammed Adrees, the owner of Manchester Mini Mart & Tobacco at 352 Main St., surrendered to police on Friday and is charged with two counts of fourth-degree sexual assault and four counts of risk of harm to a child, according to the police.

He was released after posting a $100,000 cash bond set by the court. He is due to appear in Manchester Superior Court on June 17.

According to the warrant, the victim told school staff and ultimately police that she was sexually assaulted by Adrees twice in the store after allegedly smoking THC vape pens.

The victim said she had been going to the store for about a year because Adrees allegedly allowed her to smoke THC and nicotine products, according to the warrant affidavit. The victim, according to the warrant, estimated that Adrees allowed him to smoke vape cartridges about 30 times.

It is illegal in Connecticut for anyone under the age of 18 to buy or possess an electronic cigarette or vaping product in public and for anyone to sell, give, or deliver them to anyone under the age of 18 years old.

According to the warrant, the victim told police “almost everyone who smokes in high school goes to Muhammad’s store because he sells to minors.”

On the day of the alleged assaults, the victim told police that Adrees urged her to “get more, more” THC products, according to the warrant.

After the assaults, the victim said Adrees drove her back to school “because he probably saw that she was much taller than usual and couldn’t walk to school. school without getting hit by a car,” the warrant said.

latest news

As it happens

Get the latest updates on the coronavirus and other current events happening in Connecticut

The victim also told police she videotaped Adrees in February having an inappropriate conversation with her teenage friend. The 20-minute recorded video, according to police, showed Adrees allegedly having a sexually explicit conversation with the juvenile friend.

The friend, according to police, refused to participate in the investigation involving Adrees.

According to the warrant, Adrees initially denied any improper conduct with the alleged victim, but later changed his story when presented with his evidence by police.

Adrees allegedly admitted to the sexual assaults, drove the victim to school and received an explicit photo, although he said he did not ask for it, according to the warrant affidavit.

He also admitted to supplying tobacco products to the victim’s friend and admitted to sexually explicit video chat, according to the warrant.

The law firm listed as representing Adrees on the state court website said it does not represent Adrees.


Comments are closed.